by Dr Eyeball
An AH-64D systems addon, which includes: IHADSS, MFD & TADS system.
MFD (Multi-function Display)
TADS (Target Acquisition and Designation System)
DTV (Daytime TV)
PNVS (Pilot Night Vision System)
IHADSS (Integrated Helmet And Display Sight System)
IHADSS Monocle with HMD
IHADSS HUD/TADS Symbology and Indicators (pilot and/or CPG)
IHADSS Warnings System - missiles and collision detection
Pilot PNVS Tracking Camera (with 4 tracking modes)
PNVS Laser Target Designator
PNVS Tracking Cursors
Radar Displays (both RWD Radar Warning Display and Forward Radar)
FLIR/NV Config menu
MFD shortcut is Left-Alt key.shortcut keys are listed in the MFD under: Controls->Help.the functionality for the pilot and CPG are quite different.
- FLIR: Unfortunately the HWM FLIR system from Arma 1 was not compatible with Arma 2, so the BIS FLIR technique was used instead. A better system probably won't be attempted due to the upcoming release of OA.
- Targeting: Arma 2 is still lacking some commands from the wishlist like: lockedTarget, turretLockedOn & turretLockOn; making the development of a better targeting system too difficult.
- Warnings: Incoming Missile warning only operates while IHADSS is active (either monocle or DTV).
- Targets: The Radar does not auto refresh targets. You need to refresh by viewing Targets page again.
- Laser Designator: The CPG does not currently have access to the laser designator, even though he should. Hopefully, this may be fixed in future.
The following screenshots I took of the PDF manual for these features, review the screenshots for further information on how to deploy, and operate the MFD/IHADSS/TADS system for the AH-64D Chopper.