COWarMod is a Massive customizable compilation mod built for Arma2CO aka Combined Operations.
The mod is a massive collection of the Arma2 addons & mods that work in OA, and all the Arma2CO (OA) mods.
COWarMod is about AI enhancement, game fixes, gameplay features, effects, explosions, tracers, movement, realism, and many many other misc features not in the vanilla game.
The size of the mod is 213 addons and mods already in the @COWarMod addons folder, and for the purpose of customization you have an extra optional 150+ addon/mods and tweaks to add to the game.
- UI (user interface) change, the gamy indicators have been removed
- Player has the ability to perform many various of animations which allow him to climb walls, lob grenades,peak corners from many various positions,walk, run designed in mind for CQB but works in general play.
- Realistic Audio-visual awareness inside vehicles, and Armor
- Weapon control -(hit where you shoot!)
- Realistic Ballistics and muzzle velocity for bullet, rocket, & rates of fire for small arms.
- Fix for the simulation of bullets and missiles firing from the correct places on BIS vehicles.
- The ability to zero in sights for various infantry weapons.
- Many various AI enhancements making the AI a more strategic and tactical opponent
- AI variables that effect the stealth movement and recognition skills of the game
- AI able to use grenade launchers like the M203 and GP-25.
- AI units able to equip themselves with weapons and ammo
- AI use smoke and frag. Be aware of your enemy's ability to throw frags!.
- AI hearing ability is reduced to realistic levels, enabling a player to make stealthy close quarter approaches providing he can remain unseen.
- AI is able to be suppressed, and they will suppress you
- More realistic combat behavior from AI mechanized infantry squads
- User able to set the AI dispersion for all mounted MG's in the game, both static and on vehicles.
- Dynamic sound & Extended voices - AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade,engaging, when they're hurt, fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! and say things based on the situation.
- Ability to Attach a Satchel to Vehicles, & Armor
- Ability to convert a satchel and make it throwable
- All Round Defense (ARD) a formation typically used by the British Army (and other fighting forces) after a firefight to 're-org' the squad, making sure everyone has ammunition, tending any wounds. can also be used defensively, providing 360 degree coverage.
- Players are able to customize a weapons with silencers for different calibers, optics and equipment like M203, Flashlight, IR-Laser via a WYSIWYG Weapon Modify Menu.
- Functional Iron Sight for M136 and RPG
- M136 and RPG-18 man-portable anti-tank launchers disposable as they are in real life
- Fighter Planes easier to fly
- AH-64D systems, which includes: IHADSS, MFD & TADS system
- Ability to select between two modes that are preset at 10 and 20 rnd bursts as seen in the Apache's 31mm M230 Cannon and is most often used in real life.
- Hellfire enhancement that provides an alternative system for engaging targets with the AGM-114 Hellfire Air to Ground Missile system. The system forces players to use laser designation to guide Hellfires, without interfering with AI controlled aircraft's ability to engage targets with Hellfires.
- Missilebox includes several weapon systems also replacing the models of the default BIS weapons
- Improvement of all Air-to-Air,Ground-to-Air weapons which increases range and decreases speed of all respective weapons as BIS's default settings were far away from being even closely realistic. Also adds the ability to avoiding enemy missiles relies now far more on pilot skills than just dropping flare/chaff. You can outmaneuver missiles if you're good enough.
- Zoom for all weapons without telescopic sight, includes mounted/static mgs
- Explosions effects for grenades, bombs, missiles, mortars, artillery, and general effects
- Integration of COSLX mod, with included light and plus versions adding many various gameplay, Ai and wound enhancement features to the game
- Upgraded grenadier -(enables all grenadier Bluefor units to have a realistic loadouts)
- Functional sights for Under-slung Grenade Launcher
- Modified grenades and grenade-launchers to increase carrying capacity.
- Added options to the player's action menu to spawn ladders
- Non-blinding sun
- Easier reading of the map at close zoom, including determining the rise and fall of the land determining altitude. With a ruler, compass and line drawing tools you now can more easily triangulate your position and plot polar fire missions as well as gauge distance to targets while doing forward observation.
- Landscape textures more organic, coast lines have now more sandy beaches,correct land texture for islands that have only the seafloor texture
- Fire, smoke effects, fuel fires, and smoldering and pluming smoke from various wrecks, destroyed vehicles, and general destruction
- Increased dust effects for all bullet hit impacts, sparks and embers, ammo sparks explosion
- Increased dust on bombs and artillery impacts
- Fireteam HUD that Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is.
- Weapon collision with the environment is significantly toned down, meaning that you can now move sideways through doorways and generally find CQB more enjoyable
- HDR reducing effects by adjusting the aperture
- Tracers and tracer pattern modification for all weapons that use 556x45, 545x39, 762x51,and 762x54 rounds, Day and Night Tracer effects
- 100+ faces available to choose in your player profile, each with 6 camo variants,giving a total of over 700 faces to choose from
- clutter on Chernarus for a better view and a very small performance boost.
- Building system that lets you build nearly everything everywhere
- Simulation of AC-130 air support can be called or played to rain hell from the skies
- Play music from the game or custom music while driving any vehicle.
- Radio annoyances removed and shortened as well as other radio features.
- Soldiers will shout they are wounded, killed, kill the enemy or simply saw a grenade at his feet.
- Allows control of AI controlled helicopters.
- Capabilities of the Arma2 artillery module with more ordinances and custom sounds Adds DPICM and expandable jammers to the artillery arsenal and tweaks some of the other artillery modes too to create that battlefield atmosphere.adds a bit of realness to your combat missions.
- change the skills of a whole side, a whole group or a single unit on the fly.
- the possibility of fast roping for both AI and player units to Arma 2: OA.
- clockfacing target calling to the units, and gives you the possibility to ask for more information on the target.
- emulation of a persons senses outside of the players vision.
- weapon replacement for all vehicles using cannons / main guns, which let the AI use the correct ammo on the correct target.
- lights will automatically come on in enter able buildings around the player after dark.
- a module when placed on the map it allows players to order civilians to the ground, inside houses or out of the area in a second. many more!
COWarMod is for Arma2CO (Arma2 Combined Ops, Arma2+OA) not Arma2.