UI, Hud, & Gear Mods
The following listing of mods are all the UI, Hud, & Gear mods in COWarModi44
- Map Plus
- PaleCommandBar by thebarricade
- PaleWeaponIconsInCommandBar by thebarricade
- VF Ladder
Black background in the gear dialog to avoid being distracted and make the dialog better readable.
Makes the chat list background color solid to have the text better readable.
by Charon Productions
TroopMon 2 is a GUI console for Arma2 that is designed to help mission makers to precisely monitor the combat behaviour of the placed units in their missions.
Lost, inactive or ineffective combatants are easily identified to raise the quality of a mission and achieve mission objectives with a minimal troopcount. Missions with uncertainty about the location of the involved units are a thing of the past.
- A camera with 8 View modes:
1. A fixed 3rd Person view
2. Free/fixed camera mode that can be positioned around the watch-unit
or independently moved around the whole scenario.
3. A gunner's view through the ironsights of the watch-unit's weapons.
4. A 1st person view to find out where the watch-unit is looking at.
5. A 3rd person view that cycles through a random selection of units.
primarily, units that are in combat are shown.
6. A top view onto the watch-unit suitable for CQB or urban scenarios.
7. A more cinematic camera motion view of randomly chosen units
8. A projectile-following camera that shows a slow motion of fired
projectiles of the currently watched unit. This is helpful to evaluate
the effectiveness of a firing position, the feasibility of the used weapon
or the skill of the shooter.
This can be combined with the view mode 3 to see what the unit is
Aiming at before making the shot.
To choose a different view mode just deselect the V8 button.
In case the projectile is experiencing ricochet or misses the target
the button ABORT PROJCAM can be used to discontinue tracking the projectile.
- Total overview of all mission relevant AI variables.
Crucial battle data is constantly updated such as:
- which enemy is targetting, firing at or wounding the watch unit
with the ability to switch the view to that enemy to evaluate it.
- which enemy is the assigned target of the unit and which enemy
is being fired upon by the watch unit.
- Troopmon 2 automatically recognizes the dimensions of custom island
addons and is compatible with all kinds of custom soldier/weapon/vehicle
- The GUI console allows for very intuitive unit selection even in high
Unit-count battle situations, selections can be made with the mouse.
All status data can be shown or hidden by little toggle switches.
- New groups can be created and sent into the battle to try out new attack
strategies or enforce groups of insufficient strength without having to
edit/restart the mission.
- Waypoints for created or existing groups can be created
and groups can be combined. Existing waypoints can be edited at runtime.
- Infantry can be moved around with transports using TroopMon 2-created
- Favourites and camera positions can be saved/loaded for points of interest
of the battle theater.
Hit ESC during the mission to bring up the game menu.
Below the standard Arma2 buttons you find a new button
which starts TroopMon 2.
Makes the gear dialog non movable to avoid moving it by mistake.
* Map Plus
This addon does a few things to the map:
1. Removes satellite texture from any zoom level.
2. Changes the color of the contour lines and hill numbers to make them more readable.
3. Made forests more washed out and slightly dimmed the background color to be easier on the eyes.
4. Adds in a ruler that you can draw on the screen.
5. Adds in a compass that you can more easily use to align the above ruler.
6. Adds in basic tools to draw lines.
These features do a few things. First off they allow easier reading of the map at close zoom, including determining the rise and fall of the land. It is now easier to also determine altitude, before the satellite texture would obscure the hill numbers and a lot of the contour lines would be lost in the textures as well. The forests could also obscure the contour lines so they have been made a little more washed out to provide better readability. The ruler tools allow you to do a number of LANDNAV type things, including the most important, resection. This was possible before but a bit more painful.
Combining the ruler, compass and line drawing tools you can more easily triangulate your position. I also use the ruler and compass to plot polar fire missions as well as guage distance to targets while doing forward observation.
Included .pbo files:
Tweaked interface colors:
Yellow selected text.
Non opaque black background.
PaleCommandBar by thebarricade
Changes tones and colors for the command bar, makes rank- and 'mounted'-icons a bit crisper.
PaleWeaponIconsInCommandBar by thebarricade
Makes weapon-icons in the commandbar a bit crisper.
Removes all vehicles cursors for driver/pilot/gunner/commander. Instead one has to use optics / weapon sights or tracers to aim.
- New command bar UI Icons that display weapon type as text, rather then the graphic Icon.
Simple abbreviations :
GL - GrenadeLauncher
AR - AutomaticRifleman
MG - Machinegunner
AA - Anti-Air
AT - Anti-Tank
MM - Marksman
SNP - Sniper
SD - Silenced
PST - Pistol
- Decreases UI text a bit further (Interface "Very Small" was not enough for text in my opinion).
* VF Ladder
When run, this addon adds options to the player's action menu to spawn ladders. These ladders can be used to climb onto rooftops
and to enter any otherwise inaccessible part of the Arma II houses (e.g. balcony) or just to annoy your buddies. It is kind of a silly
addon but it opened new perspectives on urban combat for me. There is just too many locked buildings around.
Check out the Youtube link to get an idea about this addon.
Ladders can be:
* Created (small and big type available)
* Moved around until dropped by the player
* Raised or lowered by 50cm at any time after being placed
* Removed within 60 seconds after placing them
* Flipped by 180 degrees to allow positioning as required
Included .pbo files:
by Gunter Severloh
A custom COWarMod loading screen that loads during loading times.
- Gets rid of the action icons (you will have action menu text only).
- Gets rid of your ammo & mag count.